If I were going to push Walkabout in a new direction...

I'm fascinated by the native cultures of the world. This has been enhanced by my recent encounter with an anthropologist who has recently spent quite a bit of time in the Amazon, someone who claimed my calling might be as a shaman (and that I had touched his soul with my words).



Naturally when I saw this modern re-imagining of African Orisha spirits I thought of the ways that Walkabout could easily be applied to a new context. I've done a bit of research into the Orisha, but certainly not enough to really draw on their myths without heavily applying stereotypes and generally looking like a white-guy trying too hard.

It would still be awesome to see Walkabout translated through the lens of the Orisha by someone who knew a lot more about African spirituality than I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)